ABOUT THE SELECTION PROCESS FOR FOREIGN STUDENTS
We inform that on July 4th 2012, the Board Committee of the Graduate Program of Communication, at UFF, has decided to open 2 vacancies (one for MA; one for PhD studies) for the 2013 selection process.
By now, we require all foreign students to be attentive to the deadline for sending the documents to the Selection Committee, which is September, 14th.
The projects can be sent either in English or Portuguese to Silvia, email firstname.lastname@example.org, with a copy to Prof. Fernando Resende, email email@example.com
The projects should be no longer than 20 pages (including bibliography), for PhD studies; and 12 pages (including bibliography), for MA; written in Times New Roman, 12, space 1,5. It should contain:
3) 3 to 5 key-words
4) Presentation / Scientific Goals
5) Articulation To The Current State Of The Art
6) Envisaged Methodology
7) Expected Scientific Outputs / Motivation for doing the research at UFF
Everyone will be informed, by the end of September, about the approval or not of their project. After that, the selected ones will be contacted, so that we can make arrangements for the interview, which shall be done through skype.
The candidates shall be evaluated according to the following criteria:
- Quality of the project submitted by the candidate;
- Productivity level (as substantiated by his/her Curriculum Vitae);
- Affinity of the project and of the curriculum vitae with one of PPGCOM research
- Availability of professors able to supervise the research project;
The selected students should be able to prove (through a certificate and/or interview process) a minimal skill in Portuguese, besides the knowledge of the English language.
July, 26th, 2012